The Summerlin area offers several ideal destinations for a date night. You can take a short journey from the Las Vegas Strip to enjoy some of the more distinctive highlights of an area that typical tourists may miss. Plan a memorable day or evening at one of these great spots in the Summerlin area.
Red Rock Canyon
Adventurous couples can plan an exhilarating date in the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. Spanning 195,819 acres, this destination offers plenty of room to explore. You can take a 13-mile scenic drive or cycling trip, hike one of 26 marked trails, go rock climbing, or take your off-road vehicle through some rugged designated roads. If you enjoy collecting gorgeous date night photos, you’ll have no shortage of inspiration in this stunning landscape filled with wildflowers, boulders, sheer rock faces, limestone ridges, and sprawling vistas.
Location: 1000 Scenic Loop Drive, Las Vegas.
Hours: Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. April through September; Visitor Center: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa
Escape the bustle of the Las Vegas strip and retreat to the Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa nestled amid the sandstone cliffs and expansive vistas at the entrance to Red Rock Canyon. You can enjoy a complete date night here, starting with a sophisticated dining experience at the on-site T-Bones Chophouse. The menu features upscale cuts like grass-fed bison, premium wagyu, and USDA Prime wet and dry-aged beef. You could also indulge in outstanding seafood, including crab cakes, Alaskan king crab, and Dover sole.
After dinner, you can head into the casino and try your hand at a game of bingo, keno, poker, or slots. If you’re not in the mood for gaming, the resort also features a luxury bowling center and a 16-screen movie theater.
Location: 11011 W Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas.
Downtown Summerlin is a highly walkable destination that offers a little of everything for your date night. Start the evening on Grape Street, where you can order delicious entrees like linguine with clams, eggplant parmesan, chicken gorgonzola, or grilled salmon. Pair your entrée with beer, wine, spirits, signature cocktails, or something special from the wine bar.
Follow your decadent meal with a stroll through the plaza. You can browse the shops, catch a movie at the Regal Downtown Summerlin, or play at Dave & Buster’s arcade.
Location: 1980 Festival Plaza Dr., Las Vegas.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
Whether you’re filling a short afternoon or planning an all-day date, Springs Preserve has something to keep you busy. Highlights include:
- Origen Museum: Explore 75 permanent exhibits, including a thundering recreation of a flash flood, a life-size land auction, and massive dinosaur tracks. The Origen Museum also has live animals, including fluffy desert cottontails, pocket gophers, and Gila monsters.
- Botanical Garden: Explore Mojave wildlife as you stroll the garden’s cactus and succulent collection, lush vegetable garden, blossoming rose garden, towering palm garden, and prickly cactus alley. You can even attend a workshop together in the Teaching Garden.
- Butterfly Habitat: Take a romantic walk amid live butterflies in the spring and fall. You are guaranteed an abundance of colorful species, including the Painted Lady, Tropical Blue Wave, and Gulf Fritillary.
- Boomtown 1905: Step back in time and witness Las Vegas from 1905 to 1920. If you and your date are interested in history, you’ll love exploring the Las Vegas Train Depot, recreated Arizona Club, and hands-on activities in the Las Vegas Mercantile.
At Springs Preserve, you can combine your date night with fascinating educational experiences sure to spark interesting conversations. This is the perfect choice for couples who like to learn new things together and venture outside the dinner-and-a-movie box.
Location: 333 S. Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas.
Golf Summerlin is the perfect destination for your date if you like hitting the links. You can choose from three courses:
- Highland Falls: Enjoy panoramic views of the Las Vegas strip from over 3,000 feet. You’ll traverse gently rolling hills along with the front nine that increase in difficulty as you progress.
- Palm Valley: The most challenging of the three courses, Palm Valley features 68 bunkers and tree-lined fairways.
- Eagle Crest: Each hole presents a new challenge on this intriguing course set on the side of the mountain.
If you work up an appetite on the course, you can share a meal at The Tavern at the Falls. The menu includes chicken strips, quesadillas, chili nachos, fish and chips, burgers, sandwiches, and hearty salads topped with steak, grilled chicken, salmon, and other tasty ingredients.
Location: 10201 Sun City Boulevard, Las Vegas.
Oh La La French Bistro
Book a table at Oh La La French Bistro if you’re looking for a restaurant that oozes romance for your evening out. You can cozy up in a dining space reminiscent of a Parisian restaurant with an extensive choice of Californian or French wines and a menu of French foods. The dishes feature organic and local produce for the best flavors in town.
Start your meal with dishes like escargots, brie croquettes, and a small tartare. Consider the bavette a l’echalotte, a flank steak in red wine, and shallot sauce for your entrée. Or you may prefer the sole meuniere prepared in brown butter and garlic with capers, lemon, and parsley. Save room for dessert so you can enjoy options like a lemon pie with meringue, chocolate mousse, or crème brûlée.
Location: 2120 N. Rampart Blvd. #150, Las Vegas.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Have you enjoyed an unforgettable date night in one of these locations? Let us know in the comments below. We love hearing your ideas so we can update our suggestions and have the best recommendations in town for all of our clients. If you know a unique date night locale we should add to the list, contact our team at De Castroverde Criminal & Immigration Lawyers.