Las Vegas Attorneys meeting outside

Family-Based Immigration Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV

Request a Case Evaluation

Family-Based Immigration Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV

Alex and Orlando De Castroverde and Kimberly Valentin Reviewing A Case

Are you and your family trying to enter the United States and seek citizenship legally? Whether you and your family are trying to process an I-130 petition, seeking a green card through a marriage-based visa, or trying to help your loved ones enter the United States via parent-child or sibling visas to become permanent residents, De Castroverde Law has the experience and knowledge to make sure that you receive the best representation possible.

Contact an Immigration Attorney

Our lawyers are fluent in English and Spanish, and we will work diligently to secure the best possible outcome for you and your family. We are devoted to ensuring that families are united and remain together whenever possible.

Family Immigration Law Las Vegas

Whether you are trying to sponsor a loved one so they may legally enter the United States, or you are an immigrant trying to make a new life for yourself here, we have a team of dedicated attorneys who will assist you with every step this complex journey towards citizenship. Immigration law is an incredibly complicated process. Your chances of success increase exponentially when you have an attorney to represent you and your family in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service or immigration court.

If you are a United States citizen, you may file an immigration petition for your parent, sibling, spouse, fiancé, and adult or minor child. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service also accepts petitions from adoptive or step relationships, although certain restrictions may apply. Permanent residents (with a green card) may also submit an immigration petition, although they may qualify for fewer categories when petitioning for family members. We recognize that each family and case is unique and are dedicated to ensuring that your family’s rights are best represented.

At De Castroverde Law, we can assist you in many family immigration matters, including:

  • Marriage to a non-US citizen
  • Filing a petition for a sibling, spouse, parent, or child
  • Completing Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing for certain relatives. Filing of petitions for fianceés.

With recent changes to immigration policy, family-based applications are taking longer to accomplish and can be confusing. You will need to gather many necessary forms and documentation to begin filing a petition for a family member. We can help you identify which documents you will need, and we will also help you fill them out and submit them on your behalf. Additionally, our experienced attorneys can help you ensure the forms you’re offering are completed and accurate. We will also thoroughly prepare the applicant for their interview with immigration, ultimately determining whether they will get their green card.

Immigration Lawyers Serving Las Vegas and Reno

At De Castroverde Criminal & Immigration Lawyers, we have a team of Las Vegas and Reno immigration attorneys led by award-winning immigration lawyer Jocelyn Cortez. Contact De Castroverde Law to learn more about our family-based immigration services and explore your options today.

  • The New York Times Logo
  • Leafly Logo
  • Best Lwyers in las Vegas Logos
  • ABC Logo
  • Oxygen Logo
  • The Wall Street Journal logo
  • CBS Logo

Immigration Attorneys with a History of Results

We are here to help you with your immigration legal issue, no matter how big or small. Our team of Spanish speaking immigration attorneys will guide you through the following:

A History of Results

Attorney Juan De Pedro explains how the De Castroverde Law group puts clients first in every possible way.

Contact Us Today

Why You Should Hire an Immigration Attorney

We are here to help you with your immigration legal issue, no matter how big or small. Whether you need assistance with a visa petition, or whether you need to bring your immigration case to federal court, our legal team can guide you through the system and find a resolution.

Contact Us Today

  • Blue check mark IconWe can help you and your family through every step of the process, from representing you at your deportation hearing to appealing removal orders to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
  • Blue check mark IconIf you wish to work in the United States, you have a variety of immigrant and non-immigrant visas to choose from. We are here to help you with work visas, work permits, and employment authorization documents.
  • Blue check mark IconWhether you already have a green card or whether you are just starting to explore the avenues to becoming a naturalized citizen, we can help.
  • Blue check mark IconWhile some simple immigration tasks do not absolutely require legal representation, other legal issues, such as appeals, greatly benefit from the help of an experienced immigration attorney.
  • Blue check mark IconSometimes immigration cases require litigation in federal court. We are here to help you both bring your case and obtain the best possible outcome.

Information & Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is Family-Based Immigration?

    One common type of immigration is family-based immigration. This occurs when one family member already lives in the United States lawfully, and another family member uses his or her relationship as a basis for immigrating to the U.S. There are two different types of immigration that are considered family-based:

    • Immigration of immediate relatives: There is no numerical limit on how many relatives are allowed to immigrate under these provisions. These laws cover the spouses, unmarried minor children, and parents of U.S. citizens. In order for a parent to apply, the citizen must be at least 21 years old.
    • Immigration by family preference: The number of family members admitted under these laws is limited to a little under half a million people per year. There is an extremely complicated weighting system that determines which applicants are allowed to immigrate. Family members who can apply under this system include adult children and siblings of U.S. citizens, as well as spouses and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents (LPRs). For a sibling to be considered, the citizen must be at least 21 years old.
  • What is Employment-Based Immigration?

    The United States allows people with certain valuable skills to immigrate either temporarily or permanently to the United States. Permanent employment-based immigration allows 140,000 people per year to come the United States. That number is broken up into various subcategories. As for temporary workers, there are more than twenty different types of visas depending on what sort of work a person will be doing here and what the duration of that work is.

  • Refugees and Asylum-Seekers

    Refugees and asylees make up a portion of those who immigrate to the United States. These people are typically fleeing persecution in their home countries or are unable to return to their homeland due to some sort of extraordinary or life-threatening condition. Each of these programs has strict requirements depending on an individual’s situation.

  • United States Citizenship

    In order for a person to become a United States citizen, he or she must have had his or her green card for at least five years. Under certain limited circumstances, this can be decreased to three years for certain applicants. A naturalization applicant must also be at least 18 years old, be able to demonstrate continuous residency, prove his or her good moral character, pass citizenship exams, and pay application fees in addition to other possible requirements. There are special rules that apply to members of the U.S. military who are seeking citizenship.

Attorney walking into the law office

What Our Clients Say About Us.

For nine years my wife and I struggled with our immigration situation. We both had stress, anxiety and depression until we talked to Jocelyn, an attorney over at De Castroverde Law. The first thing I liked about her is she gave it to us straight, she told us our possibilities and percentage rate we had of fixing our situation. Most other lawyers tell you what you want to hear just to take your money, but not her. She cares about you and your situation. She will walk you through the whole way. I am very grateful for her and will be every day of my life.Julian M.

More From Our Clients