Las Vegas Child Neglect Defense Attorney

Child neglect may be defined as abandoning a child or failing to provide a child with necessary shelter, care, food, medical treatment, or proper supervision. Many of these circumstances involve a failure to act, as opposed as an intentional action that causes harm to a child (child abuse). Failing to act or properly care for a child may be considered child neglect and a defendant may face criminal penalties as well as intervention by Child Protective Services, which may place the child with relatives or in a foster home. Enhanced penalties may apply if the child is under the age of 13 or if the defendant has one or more prior convictions of child neglect or domestic violence. If you face these allegations, it’s important to consult with a Las Vegas child neglect defense attorney to understand your options moving forward.

Need a Las Vegas Child Neglect Defense Attorney?

There are situations where a parent may be accused of neglect based upon false allegations. A vengeful former spouse may make wrongful accusations in an attempt to gain sole custody. Law enforcement may arrive at the scene of an accident or domestic dispute and may make assumptions based off false information or witness accounts.

No matter the circumstances of the child neglect charges you may be facing, a criminal defense attorney at our Las Vegas law offices can help. We are committed to representing defendants throughout the Clark County area who have been arrested for or accused of child neglect, child abuse and all forms of domestic violence.

If you are facing any type of domestic violence charges related to your child or children, you cannot afford to wait any longer to retain legal counsel. Having an aggressive advocate for your rights may make all the difference in the outcome of your case and your ability to keep custody of your child or children. Contact a Las Vegas child neglect defense attorney from De Castroverde Law Group at 702-222-9999 today to learn how we can build a compelling defense case on your behalf.